Right now, all staff in CBE, CCSD, RVS, GHSD and CRPS can contribute resources to CORE and there's a contest on for contributions until November 25! We've already received some great submissions since the contest opened a week ago!
By the way, if you haven't yet, feel free to follow us on Twitter and/or sign up for email notifications from this blog!
Here are some contribution highlights #ByTeachers4Teachers
- Bundle of Five 3-Minute Introductory Video Tutorials for using Pages for Mac software (Grades 4-12) to create posters, newsletters and publications, created by a Calgary teacher
- Communicating Ideas - Comics, Posters, and Newspapers (Grades 4-5), a resource that includes animations, examples and videos to help students learn, design and develop based on each communication medium
- Inquiry Over iPads, a blog highlighting teaching and learning using mobile devices at Marlborough School in Calgary
- On Canadian Ground: Stories of Footwear in Early Canada, a resource from the Virtual Museum of Canada, is an examination of the history of Canadian footwear from the traditional kamiks of the Inuit and the moccasins of the First Nations, to the effect of European fashion introduced by colonists
- Acadia - Lifestyles in the Days of Our Ancestors, a resource from the Virtual Museum of Canada, includes a virtual tour of the rich cultural heritage of the Acadians
- No-cost nutrition education program offered by the Calgary Produce Marketing Association
- Bundle of 14 Video Tutorials for Adobe Photoshop CS6 (Grades 7-12) including starting a project, feathering, adding text, merging images, and the clone stamp tool, created by a Calgary teacher
- New Zealand Centre of Mathematics database of resources includes free downloadable videos, etexts and games